Formal Learning Volunteer
We are looking for a team of dedicated volunteers to help assist with their formal learning programmes. As a Formal Learning Volunteer you would:
- Assist Museum Educators and House Staff
- Set up and take down activities on the day of school visit
- Assist with organisation of the school party
- Assist with morning workshops
- Supervise afternoon activities
- Gain first-hand experience of volunteering at a heritage site.
- Gain knowledge and a set of engagement, facilitation and communication skills to work well with children and teachers in an educational setting.
- Training provided to introduce the volunteers to the sites and on working with school/educational groups.
- Be part of the wider heritage team across Leicestershire County Council
Is this you?
- Good communication skills
- Have a pleasant and helpful manner and a willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm for history & heritage
- Enjoy engaging with children
- Experience of working with children (desirable)
- Friendly and able to work as part of a team
If you are interested please contact Hester Pode on 01163052247 or email email@example.com.
This opportunity is also available at Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre.