We are looking for a team of dedicated volunteers to undertake developmental work in the gardens and offer personal interaction to visitors. This will include:
- Interacting with the public and explaining the layout, content and function of the 17th C. garden and answering any questions visitors may have
- Leading timetabled guided tours of the garden
- Undertaking gardening works such as weeding, pruning, planting etc.
- Gaining first-hand experience of volunteering in a heritage site
- Receiving full training provided in garden content, the historical background of the house, guided tours and public engagement techniques
- Being part of the heritage team across Leicestershire County Council
Is this you?
- Keen interest and practical experience in garden horticulture
- Good communication skills and confident engaging with the public
- Committed to following the agreed Garden Management and Development Plan
- Interested in preserving local heritage
- Interest and knowledge of historical garden horticulture and historical use of plants (desirable)
- Happy and able to work outdoors
- Friendly and able to work as part of a team
See some of the activities undertaken in the role in this short film.
For more information please contact Hester Pode on 01163052247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.