What will you do?
– Help to create resources and aid with marketing such as leafleting
– Help with set up/take down
– Assist with car parking
– Act as a ‘Meet and Greeter’
– Supervise key locations including ticket checking for talks and workshops
– Support the delivery of family and child friendly craft activities, games, birthday parties and other activities such as storytelling, music and dance (training provided)
– Facilitate feedback questionnaires
What will you learn?
– Gain first-hand experience of volunteering at two heritage sites
– Gain knowledge and a set of engagement, facilitation and communication skills
– Develop a knowledge of different events
– Training provided in the content & historical background of both sites and in public engagement techniques
– Be part of the wider heritage team across Leicestershire County Council
Is this you?
– Good communication skills
– Enjoy engaging with people of all ages
– Have a pleasant and helpful manner and a willingness to learn
– Friendly and able to work as part of a team
– Enthusiasm for history & heritage
– Willing to take part in some physical work
If you are interested please contact Hester Pode on 01163052247 or email email@example.com.
For more information on Volunteering please contact Hester Pode on 0116 305 2247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.